Handling of Personal Information
The Association asks our customers for their personal information as we conduct our activities with them. The handling of personal information is done in strict accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, as explained below:
(1) Basic Policy for the Handling of Personal Information
(2) Acquisition of Personal Information
- 1.The Association obtains personal information through fair, legitimate means, without ever using illegal means.
- 2.When obtaining personal information in writing directly from our customers, the Association explicitly describes the purpose(s) of use and contact for inquiry. For any other occasions the Association's website publicizes the purpose(s) of use and contact for inquiry.
- 3.It is our customers' free will to provide personal information to the Association. However, please be advised that if personal information is not provided to the Association we may not be able to provide adequate services.
(3) Personal Information Possessed by the Association
- 1.The Association obtains personal information from our customers as we conduct our activities with them.
- 2.The Association may obtain directories available on the market.
- 3.It is our customers' free will to provide personal information to the Association. When personal information (including the matters listed below) is not provided to the Association, we neither attempt to obtain, use or give away such information to third parties without the customer's consent.
- Matters related to thoughts, faith and religions
- Matters that can cause social discrimination, including race, family status, domicile by birth (excluding the current residence information such as the metropolis and district), physical and mental disabilities and criminal records;
- Matters related to participation in group manifestation, executing one's right of petition and any other political right;
- Matters related to health, medical care and sexual orientation.
(4) Purposes of Use of Personal Information Possessed by the Association
- 1.The Association uses personal information provided by our customers upon conducting activities with them.
- 2.The Association uses the personal information of our customers in order to provide services that are appropriate and beneficial to everyone, such as when we introduce the Association's activities.
- 3.The personal information obtained by the Association will never be used other than with respect to the purpose(s) of use that are explicitly indicated to our customers. However, such information may be used for the collection of statistical data, including the numbers of our customers, sales and the browsing method for our website.
(5) Nondisclosure/Non-provision of Our Customers' Personal Information to Third Parties
Principally, we neither disclose nor provide the personal information provided by our customers to third parties, except for the occasions listed below:
- 1.When we have consent from our customer;
- 2.When outsourcing the handling of all or part of personal data within the scope of necessity for the Association to accomplish the purpose(s) of use;
- 3.When personal data is provided due to the succession of activities because of the business situation, such as a merger;
- 4.Opt-Out: When it is necessary, our company may provide the personal information provided by our customers to third-party members of the Association. Please refer to item 4 for details on the data transferred to third parties, the means and methods of such transfer, and the request that the transferal of such data cease.
(6) Safety Measures for Personal Information Possessed by the Association
The Association implements the safety measures from the organizational, technological, humanity and geographical points of view.
- 1.The Association takes rational safety measures and necessary corrective actions in order to prevent illegal access to, loss of, damage to, manipulation of and leakage of personal information. However, please note that there is currently no absolute technology by which illegal access can be prevented.
- 2.The Association provides our employees with education pertaining to the protection of personal data, and such education is conducted on a regular basis.
- 3.When outsourcing the handling of personal data, the Association makes necessary agreement(s) with an appropriate outsourcing company and undertakes all other measures required by law.
- 4.Collection of Personal Information via the Website
When obtaining personal information from the Association's website, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption so that the customer can safely transmit his or her personal information.
- Links to Other Websites
Although part of the Association's website has been linked to other websites, we are not responsible for the manner in which those sites handle personal information.
(7) Customer Service Desk for Personal Information Inquiry
- 1.A customer can request the disclosure of his/her personal information as possessed by the Association. Along with such disclosure, the customer can request that certain information be corrected or modified. For details, please inquire with the CC-Link Partner Association.
- 2.We also accommodate questions, complaints and consultations pertaining to the handling of personal information.
- CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA)