Multiple Robot Control System
Realization of a simplified and lower cost system through the introduction of CC-Link
Control of multiple robot systems that don't require high functionality using a CC-Link network makes a low cost system structure possible. In particular, when processing the synchronized control target objects on conveyor lines, the robot controller can be simplified using centralized control via the network. This case study shows CC-Link being used as a floor network that uses different-model devices from various manufacturers. Furthermore, CC-Link is used to enable high-speed communication as an internal system network for robot systems as well.
- Construct a wide-range network.
- Floor network CC-Link uses a transmission speed of 625Kbps and achieves a wide-range network with a transmission distance of 900m.
- Control servo controllers and robot controllers in real time.
- Internal robot system and network CC-Link units use a transmission speed of 10Mbps, achieving high-speed control of robots. Transient transmission is used between each servo controller and robot controller, achieving real time control without being influenced by high-speed IO control transmission.
- Improve system repeatability.
- IO transmission is high-speed and even cyclic transmission, creating a system structure with high repeatability.
- Standardized operation and maintenance methods.
- Floor networks and internal system networks operate on the same CC-Link, standardizing operability and maintainability.
Source: CLPA Advisor Nishikido