Download SLMP Documents
Download SLMP Documents
- SLMP Specifications: Overview BAP-C2006ENG-001-G
- SLMP Specifications: Services BAP-C2006ENG-002-F
- SLMP Specifications: Protocol BAP-C2006ENG-003-G
- SLMP Specifications: Separate volume: IO-Link BAP-C2006ENG-004-B
- SLMP Specifications: Separate volume: MODBUS BAP-C2006ENG-005-A
- SLMP Specifications: Implemetation Rules BAP-C2006ENG-006
- SLMP Conformance Test Request BAP-C0401ENG-063
- SLMP Conformance Test Regulation BAP-C0401ENG-047-A
- SLMP Conformance Test Specifications (Client) BAP-C0401ENG-039-G
- SLMP Conformance Test Specifications (Server) BAP-C0401ENG-040-H
- SLMP Development Kit - Client (Sample code)
- SLMP Development Kits - Server (Sample code)
- SLMP Reference manual BAP-C3002-001
- SLMP conformance test tool
Please read “Agreement on Development, Manufacture, Sale, and Use of SLMP Products” before download.
Agreement on Development, Manufacture, Sale, and Use of SLMP Products
This Agreement stipulates the rights and obligations when a juridical person develops, manufactures, sells, and/or uses SLMP (Seamless Message Protocol) products.
- 1. Definition
- (1) SLMP technology is relevant technical information associated with the Specifications and the SLMP Specifications (all information disclosed by CC-Link Partner Association (hereinafter "CLPA"), including not only visible materials but also information verbally disclosed or in other forms).
- (2) SLMP products are products using the SLMP technology. SLMP products that are developed or manufactured by a Regular, Executive, or Board Member and have received the certificate from CLPA based on the paragraph 5 of Article 3 are referred to as certificate products. SLMP products that are developed or manufactured by a Registered Member or Non-member and have received the certificate from CLPA based on the paragraph 5 of Article 3 are referred to as compliant products.
- (3) The definition described in the CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA) - Partner Membership Agreement (hereinafter "Membership Agreement") about Members and the membership category (Registered, Regular, Executive, and Board) shall apply. Non-members are users without a membership (defined in the paragraph 1 of Article 2 of this Agreement).
- 2. Applicable Scope and Amendment of Agreement
- (1) This Agreement shall become effective on September 1, 2015 and apply to juridical people who have obtained the SLMP technology from CLPA (hereinafter "User").
- (2) This Agreement may be changed or terminated upon the approval based on the deliberation of the board of directors of CLPA.
- 3. Rights Held by Users and Rights Held by Users Continuously After Withdrawal
- (1) A User shall have the right to develop, manufacture, sell and/or use SLMP products.
- (2) A User shall have the right to use the SLMP technology following the conditions in this Agreement.
- (3) A Regular, Executive, or Board Member may display the SLMP logo without charge according to the format (including but not limited to the display method and display position) separately specified by CLPA, in selling its own SLMP products which are certified according this Agreement, in order to prove that the said products are the relevant SLMP certificate products. In this case, the Member shall display the applicable SLMP logo in a way that does not give the misunderstanding that CLPA guarantees the performance and quality of the Member's SLMP certificate products. Non-members or Registered Members may not display the SLMP logo on SLMP compliant products that the Non-member or the Member has developed or manufactured.
- (4) A Regular, Executive, or Board Member may publish the names and specifications of SLMP certificate products which the Member has developed, manufactured and/or sold on catalogs, Web pages, etc. created by CLPA and associated with SLMP. The method, range, and period of the publication shall apply to the specifications of CLPA. However, Non-members or Registered Members may not publish the names or specifications of SLMP compliant products which the Non-member or the Member has developed, manufactured and/or sold on catalogs, Web pages, etc. created by CLPA and associated with SLMP.
- (5) Taking conformance test
- 1) If a User has developed an SLMP product using the SLMP technology, the User shall take the conformance test administered by CLPA before selling the products for use by a third party.
- 2) If CLPA judges that the product satisfies the common specifications of the SLMP specified by CLPA, CLPA issues a certificate.
- 3) The conformance test is intended to check that the common specifications of the SLMP specified by CLPA are satisfied. Certifications for the conformance test by CLPA do not guarantee the performance and quality of Members' SLMP products.
- (6) If a Regular, Executive, or Board Member withdraws from the membership, the membership is removed, and/or the Member changes any of the said membership to the Registered membership (hereafter, "Withdrawal", and the company who lost the Regular, Executive, or Board membership is referred to as "Former Member"), the said Member loses the right specified in the paragraphs 3 and 4 of this Article of this Agreement at the time of withdrawal. However, the Member still holds the right to display the SLMP logo on the products that have already been manufactured or sold at the time of withdrawal.
- 4. User's Obligation
- (1) Use of SLMP technology
- 1) A User shall use the SLMP technology only for integration to SLMP products.
- 2) A User shall not copy, change, or modify the SLMP technology unless otherwise approved by a written notice given by CLPA; provided, however, that this shall not apply to cases where a User makes a copy for use in the office and a subcontract manufacturer in the purpose of use in development or development planning.
- 3) When a User displays the name "SLMP" on original catalogs, manuals, Internet websites, etc., the name shall conform to the format (including but not limited to the format, display method, and display position specified by CLPA based on the paragraph 4 of Article 3 of this Agreement) separately specified by CLPA.
- 4) All or part of the rights approved by CLPA based on this Agreement shall not be made the subject of other rights by, for example, transferring, subleasing, or giving as a security to a third party.
- (2) Safety assurance export control
A User shall observe the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act when exporting the SLMP technology and the SLMP products. Additionally, a User shall not use the SLMP technology and SLMP products for mass-destruction weapons, etc., and shall not directly or indirectly provide or export the SLMP technology and SLMP products in cases where the technology and products would be explicitly or possibly used for mass-destruction weapons, etc.
- (3) Personal information protection
- 1) Personal information disclosed to Users by CLPA shall be used for the sole purposes specified by CLPA at the time of disclosure, and for no other purposes, whatsoever. A User provided with personal information by CLPA shall observe the Duties of Entities Handling Personal Information provided in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in conjunction with the conditions of use stipulated by CLPA at the time of disclosure.
- 2) If an accident occurs on personal information provided by CLPA or there is a possibility of such an accident, immediately contact CLPA and deal with the accident under your own responsibility and at your own expense.
- (1) Use of SLMP technology
- 5. Industrial Property Rights
When a Member creates a new invention, device, or design based on the SLMP technology provided by CLPA, the patent right and design right (including the rights to receive these) belong to the Member who performed the creation. When a Non-member creates a new invention, device, or design based on the SLMP technology, the Member and CLPA hold discussions on the belongingness of the patent right and design right (including the rights to receive these). When CLPA needs the practice of the relevant patent right and design right (including the rights to receive these), the User and CLPA hold discussions on how to handle the rights.
- 6. Warranty
- (1) The SLMP technology held by CLPA are provided on demand for provision on an AS IS basis without warranty on the SLMP technology.
- (2) A User shall develop, manufacture, sell, and/or use the SLMP products under its own responsibility and hold CLPA harmless. CLPA shall not be liable to the performance, quality, and safety of SLMP products in conjunction with its technical, economic, and other matters (including but not limited to product liability).
- (3) The specifications in this Article stipulate all the liabilities of CLPA, including the defect liability covered in law. CLPA, therefore, shall not be liable for any damage including direct, indirect, and special damages pertaining to this Agreement, irrespective of whether the damage is predictable by CLPA.
- (4) If a dispute or possibility of a dispute arises from a third party's claim of industrial property rights, copyrights, or other rights over a User's SLMP product and/or over the materials relevant to the said SLMP product (including but not limited to proposals catalogs, manuals, and Internet websites), the User shall settle the dispute under its own responsibility and at its own expense. CLPA, however, cooperates with the User by mean of, for example, providing information if CLPA deems it necessary.
- 7. Decision-Making Body in CLPA Operation
The supreme decision-making body in CLPA operation shall be the board of directors. The operation of the board of directors is stipulated in the CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA) Activity Working Group Articles.
- 8. Agreement Jurisdictional Court
When the need to bring an action to the court arises pertaining this Agreement, the Tokyo Distinct Court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court.
- 9. Agenda
Any question arising from items not specified in this Agreement or each specification in this Agreement shall be settled through discussions by CLPA and the relevant User. CLPA holds the right to make the final interpretation unless contrary to the express provision of this Agreement.
- 10. Contact Information of CLPA
The following shows the contact information and business hours of CLPA.
(TEL) 052-919-1588, (FAX) 052-916-8655
(Business hours) Monday to Friday, 10:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00 (exclusive of weekends and holidays)
Established on September 1, 2015
"CLPA Membership" and "Rights and Fees by Membership Category" (For SLMP)
|Non-member||Registered Member||Regular Member||Executive Member||Board Member||Remarks|
|The right to obtain the SLMP specifications free of charge||Yes||Provided for free|
|The right to develop, manufacture and sell SLMP products||Yes||This is the right granted to developers and/or Member manufacturers. It does not regulate the resale of products by distributors.|
|The right to use the SLMP technology||Yes|
|The right to use the SLMP logo||No||Yes|
|The right to publish the information on the Member's own product in the CLPA's product catalog and Internet website.||No||Yes||Published for free|
|Conformance Test Fees||Not charged (free)|
- CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA)